ECT Manager ECT Manual
- What is an ECT?
- Registering as a ECT
- How to Login to ECT Manager
- How to Retrieve a Username or Password
- Two Factor Authentication
- Digital Signatures
- View Resources Provided by your Appropriate body
- Viewing Your Details
- Editing your Details
- Completing an Assessment
- Completing A progress Review
- Digitally Signing an Assessment
- Uploading ECT Documents
- Help and Support
- Changing your Login Details
What is an ECT?
An ECT can view/edit their own details and sign and add comments to their own assessments.
ECT Access Privileges
- Complete Assessments
- Edit Personal Details
Registering as a ECT
Your Induction Coordinator, Head Teacher, or a Tutor will need to add you to ECT Manager.
How to Login to ECT Manager
You will need to login to ECT Manager with your unique username and password in order to use the system.
Please Note: You should never login using a password belonging to another member of staff. This is against the terms and conditions of using nqtmanager.com. If you require access to ECT Manager please ask an existing Tutor, Induction Lead, or Head Teacher to add you to the system as a Tutor.
Entering a Username and Password
To return to the login page from any ECT Manager page you can click on the Login link from the top right corner of the screen. If this link is not available and your see Log Out instead this means that you are already logged in.
From the Login Page you will need to:
- Enter your username and password.
- You can use the Show Password checkbox to see what you are entering for your password.
- Enter the username and password exactly as you received them.
- Click on Log-in to be taken to your dashboard. If you cannot login to ECT Manager please see How to Retrieve a Username or Password.
If you attempt to login into ECT manager 5 times unsuccessfully you & your IP address will be locked out for 30mins.
How to Retrieve a Username or Password
The password recovery page can be used for retrieving login details for all users at your school.
Accessing the Password Recovery Page
The link to the password recovery page is below the Login Details box on the Login page.
- Click on the Can’t access your account link.
- This will give you three different methods to retrieve your login details. You only need to enter one and click the accompanying continue button.
- Once you have entered one of the three options above we will send you a password reset link to your email address.
Please Note: Emails are not always instant and can take over 10 minutes to arrive depending on your mail server.
What to do if the Email Does Not Arrive
If you do not receive the email after 20 minutes please try the following:
- Please make sure that you are checking the correct email address.
- Check your junk email box.
- Contact your IT Manager or the person that manages your email server. All emails that are sent from ECT Manager arrive from the email address email@example.com. Your email server may be blocking email arriving from this address.
- Another Induction Lead or Head Teacher can login to view the username or change the password for any Tutor or ECT. To do this they will need to login and go to the list of ECTs or Tutors and select the relevant user. From the user details page they will see the username and be able to change the password.
- If you are still having trouble retrieving the login details click on the Help & Support button on the top right of the screen; here you can add a new helpdesk ticket or contact your support number. More information can be found here.
Two Factor Authentication
Two Factor Authentication is an enhanced security measure. If you enable this feature, every time you enter your username and password we will send you a unique 6 digit code via email or text which you can use to log in.
This is an optional feature, we recommend using it. You can turn it off at any time.
On your dashboard you will see a blue banner
If you click on the 'learn more' link it will take you to the correct page to set up two factor authentication or you can choose to 'dismiss' this message for one month.
Enabling Two Factor Authentication
To enable this go to your Login Details page
My Account >Login Details
If you wish to use your mobile for this process ensure it is entered on this page.
Tick the 'Two Factor Authentication' box and press save.
How it works
When you enter your username and password on the login page you will be asked how you wish to receive your verification code.
Select your preferred method and click 'Send Verification Code button.
The code should arrive within a couple of minutes. The code will expire after 5 minutes.
Please check your junk/spam folder if you do not receive it.
If it doesn't arrive click 'Resend Code' button to request another code.
Enter the 6-digit code into the verification box.
And press 'Verify'
If your code has expired ECT Manager will inform you and ask you to request a new code.
If your verification code is entered correctly you will have access to ECT Manager as normal.
If you enter 5 incorrect verification codes you will be locked out of ECT Manager for 30 minutes. This is a security measure.
Disable Two Factor Authentication
When logged into ECT Manager, go to your 'Login Details' page
My Account > Login Details
Untick the 'Two Factor Authentication' box and press save.
What is a Digital Signature?
Your digital signature is a very important part of the ECT process. Rather than using paper forms, we require you to digitally “sign” the forms, without ever having to put pen to paper or post anything.
Digitally signing an assessment or registration is considered the same as signing a paper copy in legal terms. Only the signatory themselves must use their digital signature.
To digitally sign an assessment or registration, you’ll need to tick a box to confirm you are signing and then simply click a button.
Please note that this is a change from the old digital signature system, which required you to save personal information.
View Resources Provided by your Appropriate body
- From the top grey menu select Resources.
- Browse through the folders
- Click on the resource to download.
Viewing Your Details
When you login to ECT Manager you will be taken to your overview page.
From this page you can see a summary of your details.
Status and FTE
Details of your current status and FTE completed and remaining are displayed in the top section of this page.
Website Login Information
Your username is displayed.
A list of all completed, due and upcoming assessments are listed in this section. When an assessment becomes available you will be able to click on a Complete link next to the assessment.
A Print link next to a due or completed assessment allows you to view a PDF version which can be saved to your computer or printed.
Clicking on Print Details from the left menu will download a PDF version of your ECT registration form.
Editing your Details
- Login to ECT Manager to see the Overview page.
- From the left menu select an option. These are explained below:
This page allows you to update:
- Your name.
- Email address.
- Date of birth*.
- Teacher reference number*.
- Home address.
*Note that DOB and TRN cannot be edited once the ECT has been verified with the TRA
Training and Qualification Details
This page allows you to update:
- Teacher Training Institute attended.
- Qualified Subjects.
- Qualified Age Ranges.
Lets you see the schools that are attached to, ECTs can be at more than one school at a time:
If you need to be assigned to a new school, they will need to register you on the system and be authorised by your appropriate body before your new school can access your details on the system.
The Previous Schools page displays information about the schools that the ECT attended outside of the Appropriate Body’s area. You can add or remove previous schools from this page.
This page allows you to update:
- Previous school name and address.
- Appropriate Body.
- Start date.
- FTE completed.
- Days of absence.
The ECT Documents page allows you to download documents that have been uploaded by your Tutor to support your induction.
If your appropriate body has got courses turned on, you will be able to:
- Book and manage courses that you have applied for.
- View courses you have been on.
Completing an Assessment
- Login to see your Overview page.
- Select Comment from the list of assessments.
- You can click in the link in the orange banner to access a copy of the form that the tutor has completed. Confirm your details.
Enter the Assessment Details
- Complete all required information.
- Click Next.
Add your Digital Signature to the Assessment
- See the section Digitally Signing an Assessment.
Tutor and Head Teacher Signatures
- Ask your Head Teacher and Tutor to Login using their username and password to digitally sign the assessment.
Completing A progress Review
- Log into your overview page.
- Click on Comments next to the progress review that is due/overdue.
- This will take you to the ECT Confirmation page where you have to confirm your details are correct o continue.
- After you have clicked on the green confirm button you will be taken to the progress review page where you can preview the form & leave your comments. when you have filled out the comments section please click the green Save & Continue button.
- On this page, you will need to Digitally sign your Progress review by clicking the tick box and clicking the green Confirm button.
Digitally Signing an Assessment
- Login to go to your Overview page.
- Click on comments next to the assessment.
- If the Sign link is not next to the assessment you will need to click on Complete.
- you will be asked to confirm all your information for your assessment period that your tutor has entered on the system.
- Your appropriate body may have additional questions or dropdowns to select, please make sure they are all answered before continuing.
- Click on the green Save & Continue Button.
Enter your Digital Signature
- View the assessment form, then tick the box to digitally sign the form.
- Click the green Confirm button.
Uploading ECT Documents
ECT Manager allows you to upload documents that support your induction if your Appropriate Body have signed up to this package.
When you get to the end of your induction (or at any other time if you wish) you can download all your documents into one file with the 'Download all documents' button.
Your documents will need to go into a folder so create a 'General' folder for those that don't fit anywhere else.
If the folder is empty it will disappear, if you wish to keep the empty folder structure in place you can save a test document into the folder.
You can change the folder your documents are in by clicking on the 'view/edit' link next to the document and selecting the new folder or creating a new one.
To add a document
- Go to your Overview page
- Click Documents from the left-hand menu.
- Click Add a new document.
- To create a folder click on New Folder in the dropdown. Give your folder a name.
- Enter a name and description for the document.
- Select the file to upload.
- Click Save Details.
Your appropriate body can create courses that NQTs and tutors can be booked onto. To access the courses that are available as an NQT click the Available Courses link on the right-hand side.
Booking onto a course
This will list all the courses that are available for you to currently access. If your appropriate body has enabled schools to book NQTs onto courses you will see a Book Course link next to the courses name.
Clicking this link will take you through to the book courses page you can confirm the booking by pressing book course.
If your appropriate body has not allowed NQTs to book causes you will get an error message instead. You will need to ask your tutor, induction coordinator or head to book you onto the course.
Once you have successfully booked onto the course you will be returned to the available courses with a message informing your booking was successful.
Viewing booked courses
Click booked courses from the left-hand side menu to list all the courses that you are currently booked on. You can click on the name of any of the courses to view more details.
Click the cancel link to go through to the cancellations page. On here you will need to give a reason for cancelling and click the cancel button to start the cancellation.
Once you have confirmed you have initiated your cancellation you will be taken back to the course list page and your booked course will now be marked as Cancellation Requested.
Help and Support
Adding a Helpdesk Ticket
- From the top grey menu move your mouse pointer over Help & Support. A drop down menu will appear.
- Select Help Desk.
- Click Submit a New Support Ticket.
- Fill out the details. If it is a website issue you can copy & paste the web address. You can also upload an image or screenshot to the ticket or a file if that will help your Appropriate Body understand the issue.
- Once saved, you will then receive an email with an issue number and support pin. You can use these details to view responses to your helpdesk ticket. There will also be a link to your support ticket within the email. You will receive an email when a response is sent.
Viewing a response to a Helpdesk Ticket
- You will receive an email when a response is received.
- Click on the link within the email to access your support ticket
- If technical support has responded to your ticket you will see it under the Answers section.
Changing your Login Details
- From the top grey menu select Login Details.
- Edit your login details.
- Click Save Details.
Updating Security Information
- From the top grey menu select Security Information
- Select the type of security questions you want on your account from the dropdown menu and enter an answer for each question.
- Enter a mobile number - to be able to receive username and password requests as text message (this will not be shared with any one and is only used for login retrieval)
- Press save to update your information.